Monday, October 18, 2010

First Installment of our Healthy Food Ambassador Column!


The Love Cleanse is excited to announce our Healthy Eating Ambassador
column!

Our Healthy Eating Ambassadors have gone through The Love Cleanse
program and are now hitting the streets with their health goals still in mind months and/or years later. They are feeling good and proud of it!

They wish to share their favorite healthy dishes around town. As they have discovered, eating healthy can still be fun; and you can still find healthier options at some of your favorite “non-healthy” eateries.

We're proud to introduce Dawn Thompson, our first Healthy Eating Ambassador, which is fitting as she was one of our earliest clients 2 years ago.


Dawn Thompson
Founder of Dawn Thompson Interiors, Mother of 2 and leader of her girl's pack

Read below to see how I was able to incorporate what I learned through the Love Cleanse to find menu items at local restaurants that are both delicious and work for me.

I discovered the following:
  • Shellfish makes me extremely tired.
  • Gluten creates inflammation and fatigue.
  • Eating nuts increases my cravings.
Here are some of my favorite dishes around town:

MANGIA PIZZA 
  • They have a great Greek salad that I like to add grilled chicken to.

SANTA RITA CANTINA: 
  • The Tilapia Pescado with black beans, salad, and guacamole
  • Rotisserie Chicken EntrĂ©e
  • A variety of fabulous salads!
  • Santa Rita has an array of delicious, healthy shrimp dishes but I never order because I’m intolerant to shellfish.
GALAXY CAFE
  • One of my favorites with so many options for me because they have an entire Gluten Free Menu featuring pasta dishes, sandwiches, wraps and even desserts!
  • I get the Tostado salad (which is actually a fantastic fresh salad), with chicken on top and black beans and one small Tostada on the bottom.
 
  • Their homemade Veggie/beet burger with a side salad is satisfying and tasty!

Cipollina's Nicoise Sala
CIPOLLINA
Some of my go-to dishes include:
  • Nicoise salad
  • Meditteranean Salad
  • Love their rotating fish specials too


   GUERO'S TACO BAR
  • The Grilled Veggie Alhambre is a huge plate of grilled vegetables with black beans, rice and I order Corn tortillas. Really good!
 
  • Misto Salad with grilled chicken - Delicious!
  • Also carry great shellfish items but again, these are NOT for me.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment